Help Planet Aware raise £100 as part of the fight to tackle Covid-19 by sharing a photo with us – and be part of our My Planet My Voice project. For each person submitting a photo as outlined below we will donate £1 to the HIWCF Covid-19 fund.
During this time of massive upheaval, worry and loss it can be hard to find and hold onto positives.
As part of My Planet My Voice: Now and for the future Planet Aware wants you to share a photo of a moment of hope – a positive social or environmental aspect you have encountered during these difficult times: something you want to hold onto and in some way be encompassed in our future as we start to rebuild after the virus. For each relevant photo Planet Aware will donate £1.00 (up to £100) towards combating the coronavirus. The monies raised will go to HIWCF which is funding a range of charities and organisations in the Solent area to undertake work for those in need at this time
We are looking for people to submit photos that capture environmental and social positives that have shone through despite the bleakness of the pandemic; maybe they have arisen as a result of adapting to the restrictions to your way of life imposed because of the pandemic; or things you have noticed or experienced. It could be a greater connection with nature if you have had more time whilst in isolation or with your local environment as you take your health walk. It could be a positive social aspect e.g. spending more time with your family when working at home or an image relating to national or global change.
Please submit with your photo:
- a few words about what the photo is and represents – and why it is important, (this could be in the form of short poem, a letter or a simple description)
- the general location where you took it – town or county or other similar location
- your full name and the name you would like us to use when we share the photo
You can submit your photo in the following ways
1. By email to email@example.com with the heading My Planet My Photo
2. By messaging our Facebook page
We will share some of the images as part of the My Planet My Voice project.
You must read the terms and conditions below
By posting or submitting your photo as described on this page you are agreeing to them.
About “My Planet My Voice “.
This fundraiser is part of My Planet My Voice – a series of workshops, events and projects that will enable people to explore ways they can express their environmental concerns to policy makers and inspire others to take action. The workshops have been made possible due to a successful bid to the Lush Community Fund. As this time we wanted to use funds for one project to contribute to combating coronavirus and to encourage people to come together and share some positives at this difficult time.
Terms and conditions
- Photos can be submitted in any digital format
- They must be original and taken by you or your child if you are submitting on their behalf
- Photos submitted by email should be no more than 3MB in size
- Photos should not be manipulated after taking with the exception of some cropping of the size or shape.
- Entrants posting via social media must be aged 13 or over. If you are under the age of 16 must obtain permission from a parent or guardian. By entering the competition posting you are signalling you obtained consent from your guardian or parent to do so.
- All photos must be taken in the UK between 24 March 2020 and 12th June 2020.
- Photos can be black and white or colour.
- Any persons identifiable in the photo must have given express consent for the image to be used as outlined in these rules. Where possible photos should avoid images where people can be easily identified.
- Please do not submit portrait photographs of children unless you have expressly gained and recorded the permission of their parent or guardian.
- The location of the photo must be specified, for example a village or town or a location and the first part of a postcode.
- Photos must not depict anything illegal, defamatory or otherwise harmful to people and / or the natural world.
- Planet Aware will donate £1 for each person submitting a photo as outlined on this page. We reserve the right not to include a submitted photo for the purposes of the charity donation where we believe that it breaches the spirit and intention of the competition.
- By submitting your photo you agree to your photo and the accompanying text being used by Planet Aware in its My Planet My Voice project and in materials advertising and promoting the project.
- All commercial rights to the images remain with the photographers with the exception that Planet Aware has the right to use posted photos in any future publicity material (print or electronic) without payment – subject to crediting the original photographer. You are also agreeing that your photo will be shared with third parties in order to influence environmental change. You also agree to the right to grant use of the image to third parties solely for the purpose of promoting the Planet Aware’s My Planet My Voice project for use in any My Planet My Voice events and competition exhibition.
- If you have any questions about these terms and conditions please contact us.